Tips for Winning Your Disability Case
Knowing how the Social Security disability system works is key to getting disability benefits. Here are a few tips on keeping your claim moving properly through the system and making sure the right people at Social Security have the information they need to make a disability decision.
· Hire a Social Security Disability Attorney! If your claim has been denied, don’t wait – contact a local attorney who can help you get the benefits you need and deserve, as quickly as possible.
· Checking the status of your Social Security disability claim can help speed up your case.
· Find out what type of medical consultant reviewed your Social Security disability claim. Only certain types of doctors are allowed to make disability decisions on certain types of claims.
· To speed up your claim, draft a Dire Need Letter. A financial dire need letter can often get you an earlier hearing date.
· Turn in your medical records when you apply for Social Security Disability or SSI. You should obtain copies of your medical records and submit them with your application or appeal.
· It's more important to focus on saying as much as you can about your disability.
· Be careful not to commit fraud when applying for disability. If the Social Security Administration (SSA) discovers that you knowingly lied or misrepresented any information related to your claim or eligibility for disability benefits, you may face criminal charges for fraud.
· Get your doctor to write a statement supporting your disability case. The Social Security Administration is looking for a doctor's evaluation of how well a disability applicant can do basic tasks.
· While supportive letters from family and friends are usually disregarded by the judge, letters from employers and caregivers can help.
These are just a few tips, but if you want to win your disability case, contact Renda Law in Tacoma. Todd Renda has been helping people just like you for more than 28 years. Call today to schedule your FREE consultation.